Transition Town group – community garden, Sunday 2 March 2014, Monchique
First session for preparing the land for cultivation from 09h00 onwards, in the garden Bemparece.
Activities planned grass cutting and clearing, raking and cultivation/ploughing.
Picnic and annual planning meeting, 12h30
in the garden Bemparece (Bica Boa in case of rain).
Agenda for the meeting:
- Registration of the land for organic production.
- Registration of the participants in the garden.
- Requirements for acquiring and registering material and products used in the garden,
(invoices or declarations with name and tax number, where to file the documents).
- Plan and diary of activities in the garden.
- Dividing up the land and planting plan.
- Obtaining seeds and planting material.
- Irrigation system (drip)
- Future construction of a greenhouse/shade house.
- Building planned this year and opportunities for finance.